- What are informational interviews?
- Understanding what you’re interested in
- Keeping a casual conversation
- Learning about prospects of the company, the culture, how promotions work
- Overcoming being hesitant
- How did you jump into informational interviewing
- Leveraging Alumni Network
- Being earnest
- What roles with companies do PhDs tend to have?
- It is a challenge for PhDs to get involed in industry
- Roles outside of the research
If you have any comments or suggestions about the show, definitely send us an e-mail at Feedback@phdinprogress.com
We’re also on Twitter @phdpodcast. I love interacting with all of you there, so please say hi.
Our fund sourcing to cover costs associated with the show is up and running. If you’d like more information about supporting us, please stop by Patreon.com/phdpodcast or click the PayPal donation button on our site.
Even a couple of dollars goes a long way towards contributing to the show.
I really want to thank all the listeners again. You’ve been so encouraging. Outside of donating, you can also help us by leaving a rating and review in the iTunes store. We’ll read them on the show, especially the funny ones.
[Episode card adapted from an image by Flickr user Wonderlane and used under the Creative Commons license]