This week, Jason talks to Parag Gupta, 12th-year materials science and mechanical engineering PhD student at Northwestern University about his perspective on graduate school and learning from mistakes.
- Parag Gupta’s April 2014 TEDxNorthwesternU “So, Um…12 Years, Huh?!” can be found at http://www.youtube.com/
- Robert Fulghum’s Book Excerpt on problems versus inconveniences is attached Robert Fulghum — Uh-Oh
- How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie can be found at your local library, your friendly neighborhood bookstore, or any online retailer. (Parag’s suggestion for a positive outlook and framing)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Dr. Stephen R. Covey can be found at your local library, your friendly neighborhood bookstore, or any online retailer. (Jason’s suggestion for personal productivity and growth)
- NASA Academy General Information can be found at http://www.nasa.gov/offices/
education/programs/ descriptions/NASA_Academy. html#.U-FtL-NdW2Q and Application Information can be found at http://www.academyapp.com/.