Patricia Berhau is an ISLES Asset Building Coordinator who works primarily with moderate and low-income people. She encourages graduate students to remember that their income-level is only temporary as their income potential is much higher in the long-run.
[Episode Card uses a Flickr image by epSos.de under Creative Commons licensing]
- It’s all the irregular things that are budget busters.
- Budget! Knowing where your money goes is crucial to being financially healthy.
- Mint.com for organizing your accounts and budgets
- Get a copy of your credit report!
AnnualCreditReport.com You’re entitled to a free credit report from each of the bureaus per year. Your credit report and score dictate your borrowing potential.
- If you feel that you want to borrow money at some point, be conscious of your credit handling.
“Make a Resolution to Budget? Here Are Some Apps to Help” by Tara Siegel Bernard – New York Times – Jan 3, 2014
Popular Financial Advice: